[vcf-midatlantic] 1990s Unix Workstation Sub-Group

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Fri Jan 4 10:45:22 EST 2019

Whoa, good discussion!

A few comments:

- Chris: I don't remember if I was one of the critics back then. If so then
I apologize.

- A networked Unix "team" exhibit is very welcome at VCF East 2019 (we're
no longer using version numbers). The more variety of hardware, programs,
and *nix versions, the better!

- We currently have a working AT&T 7300 and working NeXT Cube both
displayed in the museum.

- We have a motherlode of Counterpoint workstations, which (according to
the ex-AT&T engineer who gave them to us) was a Unix system developed by
Counterpoint and about 1,000 were made, but which were mostly landfilled by
AT&T when the project got cancelled. Andy D. et al: happy to let you
investigate these at our next workshop.