[vcf-midatlantic] [unix-vcfe-19] Thread for Unix Exhib at VCF East 2019

Andrew Diller dillera at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 10:44:00 EST 2019

Sorry if I wasn't clear- i mean a list specifically for unix topics -
 - for the upcoming VCFe-19.
 - for local people that will meet in person at monthly meetings @ Infoage and drag systems w/ them
 - for planning and designing and working towards an official exhibit in the VCF Museum
 - for donating time, equipment and helping w/ these systems specifically - esp if it evolves into an exhibit in the Museum

But I'm very fine with just keeping it on this list - not sure how wide this list was or if there were more specific VCF lists.

Regarding the upcoming VCFe-19 and a potential Unix workstation/Server Showcase-

We have setup the Discord and the people that are happy using that or IRC (making an IRC/Discord bridge) will find their way there I'm sure. We can keep the this list current with what happens in Discord and vise-versa.

To that effect I have a google spreadsheet that I'd like to get people to fill out if they are interested in joining the larger '1990s Unix Exhibit' at VCFe-19.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A1z62SaxF6IrwkiFUVIxcjxWOmWrcvLxDJKQf2iaHNA/edit#gid=0

Putting anything on there is clearly not a obligation to join up at VCFe19... it will just help us that want to sort things out first, before we get there (like TCP/IP settings, common NFS share, dhcp, bootp, etc) so that the setup can go quickly and get sorted without too many issues.

If you feel like you'd benefit from joining our common services then please let me know or fill out the sheet.

thanks,
-andy