[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East 2019 keynote suggestions?

Bob Flanders bob.flanders at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:08:38 EST 2019

Hi Jeff,

As an interesting side note on this, FORTH was created on the IBM 1130.
Chuck Moore wanted to name it FOURTH, but the 1130 only had 5 character
file names.

In 2011, I contacted Chuck to see if he had and left over materials from
the 1130 FORTH days. He found some old listings and sent them to me, but I
didn't notice what he had sent.

Last year, Carl Claunch asked me if I had ever gotten anything from Chuck,
so I went back and looked. I had about 12 pages of code, and I forwarded it
to Carl. It turned out to be the entire code for a very early version of
FORTH. Carl has been working on it to get it running again on his 1130.

Regards,
Bob

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 10:21 PM Jeffrey Brace via vcf-midatlantic <