[vcf-midatlantic] Looking for a Kalok IDE drive

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Wed Jan 9 11:21:47 EST 2019

"Why??? I’m looking for something to use with an IDE adapter on my Lisa,
and [I] want it to sound interesting."

It's a little amusing, to ask for hard drives based on acoustics. I'm an
old person from a different time; I guess it's a thing now. (Yes, I know
there's videos of stacks of drives playing tunes, thank you.) When drive
stepping was noisier, it was a diagnostic, more convenient than a
blinking "drive activity" LED.

I'm guessing, the Lisa may not accept any ancient IDE hard-drive. I know
that some really old IDE hard drives have "the wrong" IDE interface (8
bit data and not standard 16 bit data). Is there a list of IDE hard
drive brand/models the Lisa could reasonably use?

So - is there really a demand for "acoustic" IDE hard drives? Also, with
a sound like a winding up jet engine as they start up? I can dig up some
of these. No warranties.

Herb

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net