[vcf-midatlantic] SGI Indigo help at tomorrow's workshop (Saturday)

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Jan 11 19:08:02 EST 2019

> Well I installed my Personal Iris 4D via netboot method and that worked.
> The indigo is newer.
> -andy

Cool beans then!

I had published a repair for Indigo power supplies if they stop reporting
the AC power status (Which causes a massive flood of AC power lost
messages on console) on nekochan right before it died.

The R3000 Indigo was my first SGI. I bought it from Reputable Systems in
Colorado, used. It was expensive. I guess it paid off when I became a IRIX
Admin @ NASA.

Glad to see SGI getting all the recent love after years of slim interest.

I was a huge SGI collector, owned most models except Origin 3000 series,
350, o2, fuel, tezro off the top of my head. Gave a lot of them away, sold
some.

Wish I could make it to the repair day!

 			- Ethan