[vcf-midatlantic] Jan Workshop Report

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Mon Jan 14 17:22:46 EST 2019

    For my Asterisk/FreePBX setup at home, I now have two ATAs which support
pulse dialing: a Grandstream HT502 and a UTStarcom iAN-02EX (circa 2004).
The HT502 doesn't always pick up the correct number of pulses, but the
UTStarcom does every time.  The only thing I don't like about the UTStarcom is
that it doesn't do SIP correctly so I had to configure for MGCP.  It's also
very difficult to find firmware for it.

    The HT502 rings the rotary phone louder, which doesn't make sense since it
has a 3 REN versus the iAN-EX02's 5 REN.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us