[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East 2019 keynote suggestions?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jan 22 15:24:21 EST 2019

On 1/22/19 3:09 PM, Ben Greenfield via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> Here's my annual request for suggestions of people who could keynote
>> at VCF East.
>>
>> - The person must have general appeal to our audience. It can't be
>> someone who did something very narrow.
>
> I’m going to throw the name Walt Jung who I have recently stumbled
> across and seems quite lucid on the topic of op-amp. I can’t tell if
> what he did was narrow (focusing on op-amps) or general op-amps are
> fundamental argument.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Jung
>
> I find his writing quite comprehensible.

  Walt Jung is one of the world's foremost analog EEs.  He's amazing and
he writes damn good books.  I don't see how he'd be relevant to a VCF,
though, unless he wanted to give a talk about analog computers...being a
known opamp expert, and analog computers consisting primarily of opamps,
but still.

  And he's someone who is typically paid beau-coup bucks to speak at
conferences, so..

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ