[vcf-midatlantic] Workshop report

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Mon Jun 3 15:55:41 EDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 11:24 AM Sentrytv via vcf-midatlantic <

> I spoke to both of them briefly.
>
> The boy did not seem especially interested in the Commodore 64.
> He (or maybe it was his mom) was more interested in what Jeff G. was
> working on and his testing procedure and programming.
>
> Too bad his mother doesn't want him to buy vintage computers.
>
> If they live locally, I would encourage them to come to the workshop more
> often.
> Even if it's to see what's going on there, to help and learn.

Yes. They live locally in Toms River. Evan had met them at the local maker
faire and told them about VCF museum. Not sure if he mentioned VCFe. The
boy, Justin, was interested in a variety of machines and I got him
interested in trying BASIC programming by typing in the bouncing ball
program from the Commodore User’s Guide.