[vcf-midatlantic] PDP-11/10 PSU Repair/Warning

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Thu Jun 6 12:22:28 EDT 2019

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, systems_glitch via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> full writeup here: http://www.glitchwrks.com/2019/06/05/pdp1110-psu-repair

(Go read this, it has photos.)

> I finally fixed the power supply in my PDP-11/10S, it turned out to be a
> shorted bridge rectifier on the 5411086 board, which provides +15 VDC, LTC,
> and AC LO/DC LO. Unfortunately, when it failed, the rectifier burned up the

Very cool, and not the worst thing to repair.  My 11/05 has been sitting
around for years with some sort of power problem which I've been dreading,
but this encourages me to work on it.

I also appreciate the links to the archive.org scans of the manuals &
prints.  I have boxes full of physical copies and I'm reminded I should
check before committing to scan any of them.

--
Jameel Akari