[vcf-midatlantic] PDP-11/10 PSU Repair/Warning

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 15:05:50 EDT 2019

Definitely have a go at it! Getting a 24 VAC transformer with sufficient
current-supplying capacity for bench testing was really a huge step in the
right direction for me. I've got the crimpers, pins, and shells for the
various Mate-n-Lok connectors DEC used, so if you need a pigtail made up or
something, let me know. I'll be building a permanent home for the 24 VAC
transformer, with a current meter, so it's not just sitting on my desk with
primary connections exposed and everything. Figure there's almost certainly
more DEC power supply troubleshooting in my future :P

Yeah, a lot of the stuff is already up, but do check that you don't have a
more recent print, or one that includes a variant not currently shown! I
personally prefer dead tree hardcopy to scrolling through schematics, so
having a duplicate print set isn't the worst thing!

Also, thanks for getting me the key to power this system on :) That's the
copy you sent me, pictured in the writeup.

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 12:23 PM Jameel Akari via vcf-midatlantic <