[vcf-midatlantic] Museum report

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Sat Jun 15 20:19:14 EDT 2019

Modest amount of visitors today -- it was too nice outside to visit a
museum!

A group of 20-somethings came in for a tour. They were smart, polite,
and asked good questions. They seemed amazed by computer life before
Windows and about the myth vs. reality of how Apple formed.

Jimmy from the model trains group is a programmer in the day job and
helped me debug the information kiosk. It wasn't always returning to the
homepage after the set amount of time. Hard to fix that without seeing
the kiosk program code, so he showed me how to put some Javascript into
the my content pages that accomplishes the same thing. This way is
better because I can customize the events that trigger idle states, the
amount of idle time for each page, etc.

I did some warehouse work too. Organized more of the robotics and
educational/trainer kits, and disposed of a growing pile of unloved
books/software (certain things that nobody took from the 'free' pile at
VCF East.)

Doug is docent tomorrow.