[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2019-06-16

Douglas Crawford touchetek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 23:14:16 EDT 2019

On 6/16/2019 4:56 PM, Jeffrey Brace via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> I took VCF's turn at the InfoAge front desk. About 35 visitors came to
> visit InfoAge despite it being a nice day and being Father's Day. All ages,
> some from close, some from as much an hour away. I'm not sure how many made
> their way to VCF, because Doug was docent at VCF today and will reply to
> this email with his report.
About 20 folks made it over, good interest level.  Only one lone
visistor said
they had to take a quick look due to lack of time. One man said he worked
on the firmware for the ATT 6300.  A few Apple computer fans also were
interested in talking about the Apple product history as presented,
including
NeXT to iMac and OSX.  Two families were interested in the entire loop of
the history tour.  The largest group was a family of Chinese- a woman and
her daughter, plus elderly parents. They spoke Chinese among themselves but
the woman spoke English to me.  When I was showing them the homebrew
section,
the elderly woman pointed at the TV Typewriter and part of what
she said in Chinese to her daughter included part English "no CPU".
I said "yes! no CPU!  No microprocessor, just logic ICs"  They smiled
and moved on.
They seemed to have familiarity with a good bit of the equipment.

It was a good day. The place looked great.
I ran the NeXT cube, the Mac, the Lisa, IBM PC, TRS-80, 64 and Amiga.
It all worked for me.