[vcf-midatlantic] I don't know if there will be a Maker Faire this year

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 17:44:02 EDT 2019

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 5:07 PM Christian Liendo via vcf-midatlantic
> https://techcrunch.com/2019/06/07/make-magazine-maker-media-layoffs/

Just found this (by searching for it - it hasn't been publicised well)

https://nysci.org/statement-on-world-maker-faire-by-margaret-honey/

"We are announcing the cancellation of World Maker Faire 2019, which
had been scheduled to occur at NYSCI on September 21-22. The
cancellation is due to the financial difficulties facing Maker Media,
our partner in producing the event since 2010.

This is a very difficult decision to make, but there is no other
option at this time. While it is not possible to produce World Maker
Faire at NYSCI in September, we hope it is not the end of Maker Faire.
There may be other ways we can continue to bring this exceptional
event to New York, but it will take time to figure out. "