[vcf-midatlantic] Museum report

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Wed Jun 26 23:15:15 EDT 2019

Only a few visitors today, but they were good ones, including two
engineers -- one ex-HP, one ex-Bell Labs.

Our museum internet access is via a hotspot (Mobile Citizen, which is
$10/month exclusively for non-profits). We recently ordered a newer
version of the hotspot, which arrives next Monday. But they made a
mistake and deactivated our old one yesterday .... GRRRR ... so we
didn't have any internet access today nor will we have it this weekend.
There's a change they will reactivate the old one in the next day or
two. I am skeptical but I have no way of knowing if it works until I get
there and try it Saturday.

I spent some time working on version 2 of our touchscreen information
kiosk. This time the work is focusing on better layout/writing for the
kiosk content. In version 1 I focused on getting all the right tech
bits, tying up loose ends with the CSS, getting the web server running,
and making sure the whole setup is rock-solid reliable.