[vcf-midatlantic] Pet Help

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 19:48:17 EDT 2019

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 6:19 PM David Hoelzer via vcf-midatlantic
> I appear to have a strong clock, phi1, phi2, and there appears to be data appearing on the data lines of the 6502

All good...

> (see the logic analyzer output).

Can't.  The list strips off attachments.  You have to host the pics
somewhere and post links.

> When the screen goes dark, the tube is still glowing, so I'm guessing that it's a video circuitry problem, but I'm stumped as how to tell if it's on the board or on the CRT board.  (This is a 2001-N 32k..)

If you have a logic analyzer, watch the video data signal that goes up
to the CRT board - the three signals should be H Sync, V Sync and
Video (data).

Flickering and darkness make it sound to me like CRT board stuff -
cold/cracked solder joint, bad semiconductor, bad cap...

> Photos attached.  If they don't go to the list (I don't remember of they do)

They do not.

> ping me and I'll send them direct.

Sure, or host them and post links.

-ethan