[vcf-midatlantic] Urgent! Lots more instructors needed for VCF East

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Fri Mar 15 01:33:05 EDT 2019

VCF East classes are Friday, May 3, and we still need many more instructors.

There are 15 slots. So far we have:

- Unusual Unix(es) ... Alex Jacocks

- Unix networking ... Andy Diller

- Unix headless booting ... Stephen Edwards

- SimH ... David Gesswein

(We need one more Unix-y topic.)

We also have people committed to teach:

- Atari 400/800 ... Bill Lange

- 8-Bit Computer Basic Repair ... Chris Fala

- TRS-80 101 ... Dean Notarnicola

- Hard Drive Repair ... Jason Perkins

- Apple II 101 ... Tony Bogan

That's only nine classes so far.

Here are some ideas:

- What's NeXT

- VMS/OpenVMS

- How to be a good PET owner

- Commodore 64 repair (it'll never go out of style)

- Early IBM PC repair (yes it's vintage now...)

- Ian's CRT Magic (people can't get enough!)

- "Don't be scared of front panels", a.k.a. "If Evan use one then so can
you!" (but no I'm not qualified to teach this)

- The role of microcontrollers in the hobby today