[vcf-midatlantic] Tandy 6000HD lives!

Jonathan Gevaryahu jgevaryahu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 20:38:20 EDT 2019

On 3/16/2019 1:22 PM, David Gesswein via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 01:06:10AM -0400, Mike Loewen via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> The foil-and-foam Keytronics keyboard required a complete rebuild
>> (disintegrating foam), and a Sun Type 4 keyboard was sacrificed to
>> provide replacement pads.
>>
> I have done the same steal pads to fix another keyboard since I didn't
> have the time to make them myself. If you hadn't heard about them this
> place sells ready to go pads. I bought a set to fix the donor but haven't
> tried them yet.
>
> https://texelec.com/product/foam-capacitive-pads-keytronic/
>
> .

Has anyone figured out a material which can be used to replace the
original aluminized(?) paper discs from keytronic keyboards? The foam I
know (vaguely) what type it originally was.

I have four of them here (one kb3270 and three victor 9000 keyboards)
where the foam has turned to goo and corroded away most of the metal on
the discs, so I don't think they can be re-used.

--
Jonathan Gevaryahu
jgevaryahu at gmail.com
jgevaryahu at hotmail.com