[vcf-midatlantic] Tandy 6000HD lives!

Peter Cetinski pete at pski.net
Mon Mar 18 06:39:06 EDT 2019

One additional observation when making your own.  Your mileage may vary between Model II/16 and 12/16B/6000.  I’ve previously custom manufactured pads using space blanket material which worked fine in a MII keyboard but were flaky in a M12 keyboard.  I end up reusing the “mylar” discs from the old pads if possible now.  Although I have seen cases where those discs are worn out and no longer work effectively.  If anyone knows of a good document on the science of how these keyboards work, I’d appreciate a link.

Pete