[vcf-midatlantic] Someone is looking to get files off a DLT

Christian Liendo cliendo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 16:10:06 EDT 2019

Long story short. There is a company that I had gotten some SGIs from
contacted me asking if I or someone else could do the following

We need a cost to hook up our film scanner and our DLT tape to a stand
alone Dell R710 server (our old server).
The tapes were archived with the basic unix tar command.
The scanner also had been connected up to our R710 server which uses
the windows 98 software.
We would like to extract the data, when needed, from the DLT tapes and
transfer that to the new server via usb drives

This company is in NYC. Is anyone interested?

Let me know and I will forward you the info