[vcf-midatlantic] UNIX TOWN --- Repair Workshop Signup for March 30 & 31, 2019

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 13:50:31 EDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 9:34 AM andy diller via vcf-midatlantic
> Hello -
>
> Anyone that is participating in UNIX Town at the VCF East --- if you have availability to meet up at the Repair Day SAT - the 30th please do attend.

I am a)  in Ohio and b) attending a wedding this weekend, in Chicago.
I will not be at the Repair Day.

> Lets talk about what we have and what we can do.

Sounds great!

> The Atari Exhibit seems intimidating and we should try and make sure that UNIX Town is a nice place for people to visit.

Superb.

> My Idea is to try and get a MUD running on one of our systems, and have a common set of accounts setup across the systems we network together so people can stop by, use a terminal and login and play some MUD or jump around to different machines.

A MUD sounds fun and I'm willing to put it up on my machines but I
will not be able to do much on the implementation side.

Not all of my machines have network interfaces (half do) but back in
the day, we used to use Kermit and tip/cu to reach other machines.

> I have at least two real terminals I'm bringing - a VT100 and VT510. I have two tables and will be dedicating one of them for just the terminal (and annex setup). We may be able to use a cool terminal from the VCF warehouse if we can identify one and get it to work.

The items I'm bringing have built-in consoles but of course also have
serial ports and support terminals.  I am happy to hook into a serial
mux too.

-ethan