[vcf-midatlantic] UNIX TOWN --- Repair Workshop Signup for March 30 & 31, 2019

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Wed Mar 27 15:57:31 EDT 2019

On 2019-03-27 13:11, Ethan O'Toole via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> Anyone that is participating in UNIX Town at the VCF East --- if you
>> have availability to meet up at the Repair Day SAT - the 30th please
>> do attend.
>
> Unfortunately I have a SCUBA class that day and can't make it.
>
> I am ordering a SCSI2SD for my TT030, I already got the video adapter
> in, and will image off the Atari UNIX for it.
>
> Will pull out the Sun Voyager that I'm bringing to unixtown soon as
> well.
>
>> My Idea is to try and get a MUD running on one of our systems, and
>> have a common set of accounts setup across the systems we network
>> together so people can stop by, use a terminal and login and play some
>> MUD or jump around to different machines.
>
> Good idea!
>
> Maybe come up with IP scheme in advance for all the hosts? Maybe a
> hosts file and accounts we should add?

IPs we've got on the Google Sheets spreadsheet.  Maybe we add a tab for
things like users/creds.

A MUD is pretty cool, though a bit involved for passerbys.  Something
more like a guestbook?
Visit all the machines, get a THIS IS UNIX TOWN! printout with your
name?

If you've got X11, bzFlag?

--
Jameel Akari