[vcf-midatlantic] Museum report

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Wed Mar 27 23:22:30 EDT 2019

Interesting day. A group of 20 special needs students visited at 11am,
and then we had a few random visitors throughout the day.

Bill Drom. and Duane arrived yesterday and they're staying on campus
through Sunday to work on the Univac. They are focusing on making the
CPU and tape drives more reliable. Duane built a gadget that uses a
microcontroller that lets his laptop communicate with the Univac -- USB
on one side, serial on the other. They also had a homemade Univac card
tester.

I had my own projects to do all day, including trying new info kiosk
software.

We closed the day at a local Irish bar for dinner/beer.