[vcf-midatlantic] Person w/ the PDA/Hand-held exhibit at VCF east

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 28 00:30:38 EDT 2019

On 3/28/19 12:23 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

>>> That was Dave Shevett. I'm not sure if he reads this list, but I will
>>> forward your message to him.
>> I'm sorry, but did you type Dave Shevett??  From Boston?
>
> Yes, Boston vicinity.
>
> He exhibited last year, too.
>
> Do you know him?

  KNOW him?!  Holy shit.

  He was my very first roommate; we shared an apartment in Trenton when
I was 19, in my first home "out of the nest".  We built up our first
PDP-11s together, and he mentored me quite a lot in programming starting
when I was about 15.  We worked together at my first job, at a computer
store in Lawrenceville, when I was 15. (without working papers.. ;))  We
worked together at another company after that.

  Oh, there's lots more.  We were best friends for a long time.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA