[vcf-midatlantic] amber CRTs

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Fri Mar 29 18:14:12 EDT 2019

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019, Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> So: does someone have a 12" amber CRT or monitor for sale? Then I can offer
> this guy what he wants a little cheaper. and I'm curious, do my vintage
> friends particularly *value* amber monitors (versus white and common-enough
> green) anymore? Is it still a thing?

    I don't have a CRT to offer, but I'll answer your second question: yes, I
value amber CRTS over white and green.  My two favorite screens (of the ones I
own) are my TRS-80 Model 4 with an after-market Langley St. Clair CRT, and a
VT-420 (amber).  Green is my next preference, with white bringing up the rear.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us