[vcf-midatlantic] does anyone have one of these badges or know how to order more?

Duane Craps DBC1964 at cox.net
Thu May 2 10:53:12 EDT 2019

Jeff,

Looks like it would be a pain for a long tape. You would have to clamp
it in a vice or something.

I built a pull through reader with just a photo-transistor array pulling
down a Arduino's internal pull-up resistor.

I ordered one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RICOH-DENSHI-2400-2-PTR-240-05-CNC-EDM-2400-2-TAPE-READER-MITSUBISHI-EDM/163197432844?hash=item25ff53340c:g:POAAAOSw5cRZL0pb

They require 24 VDC for the stepping motor and 5 VDC for the logic.

It seems to have the same 50 pin connector  as the pinch roller unit
that I hacked earlier (same as SCSI).

If so all I have to find is the Run/Stop and the Direction signals.

The pinch roller had a switch for Run/Stop so I did not have to find that

Duane

--
Duane Craps
sdɐɹɔ ǝuɐnp