[vcf-midatlantic] does anyone have one of these badges or know how to order more?

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Mon May 6 14:53:04 EDT 2019

On 5/2/19 4:45 PM, Neil Cherry via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> On 5/2/19 10:53 AM, Duane Craps via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

>> I ordered one of these:
>>
>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/RICOH-DENSHI-2400-2-PTR-240-05-CNC-EDM-2400-2-TAPE-READER-MITSUBISHI-EDM/163197432844?hash=item25ff53340c:g:POAAAOSw5cRZL0pb
>>

>> They require 24 VDC for the stepping motor and 5 VDC for the logic.

Oy! This has some nice 20W + 40W resistors on it. So I'm guessing this requires
a decent power supply.

BTW, nice unit, decent weight.

>> It seems to have the same 50 pin connector  as the pinch roller unit that I hacked
>> earlier (same as SCSI).

6 wire motor, guessing it's a stepper motor.
40 pin IDE, not sure of the interface but the main CPU is an 8748
CPU (EPROM based CPU). I'll figure out the input/output later.

>> If so all I have to find is the Run/Stop and the Direction signals.
>>
>> The pinch roller had a switch for Run/Stop so I did not have to find that
>>
>> Duane
>
> I've interest in this arduino project. I just order the reader.

Now I'm really interested in your project. Did you bypass the 8748 and
drop the Arduino in it's place?

I think this is tonight's CDL teardown and photograph project.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com