[vcf-midatlantic] Monochrome and VGA together?

Thomas Fuchs thomas at slash7.com
Mon May 13 07:29:42 EDT 2019

Yes, monochrome and color cards (including VGA) use different address spaces and thus can be run side-by-side with two monitors. Many DOS-based IDEs use this for debugging, e.g. Borland’s IDEs.

At the DOS prompt you can use “mode color” and “mode mono” to switch between the monitors.

Best,
Thomas F.