[vcf-midatlantic] Monochrome and VGA together?

Jim Scheef js at sdf.org
Mon May 13 09:25:51 EDT 2019

Rich,
Many VGA adapters have very large ROMs and map into memory space above 1M. The old part of the ROM that 'counts' is what is found during POST. Install one adapter at a time and map the memory space using one of those utilities that help to optimize DOS memory space. Once you know where each adapter maps its ROM, you might find two that can coexist.
Jim