[vcf-midatlantic] Help with installing 1980s DOS program

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Mon May 13 21:40:53 EDT 2019

> Now all I need to do is edit (autoexec.bat?) with a path line, if fuzzy
> college memory serves me correctly, in order for this to work right from
> c:\.

If dos is in C:\DOS:

PATH=C:\DOS;C:\yourprogram;etc
PROMPT $P$G

It's amazing how much we forget about things we grew up using and hacking
around on everyday!

Apparently lawyers were big on DOS era word processors (Word Perfect)
because of forms they have where they fill in items and it populates them
or something. The same thing exists of course in modern systems but change
is hard and not always better.

 		- Ethan