[vcf-midatlantic] Help with installing 1980s DOS program

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Fri May 17 12:31:52 EDT 2019

I know of Banks that hadn't stopped using IBM bisync equipment around
2000, I know of a large concrete company who still had DECnet (LAST
and LAT) by 2005, a chemical company who has finally gotten rid of the
PUP and XNS (not Novell) but still had DECNet LAT by 2010 and a Aluminum
Company with DEC LAT and HP Bridging in 2011. I know many of the
companies have a plan to migrate but they're milking the 'paid for'
tech until they migrate.

I'm a bit guilty of holding out, I learned Emacs in 1978 on a keyboard
where you needed to know your ASCII to generate control sequences
(CR - ^M, LF -^J, TAB - ^I, BS - ^H etc.). And since I learned to type
on a typewritter, I do not know of this Enter you speak of. ;-)

Oh, and they've changed the Windows applications (yet again) so the old
key strokes no longer get you to the features directly. And the way
they've hidden the features I need ... well I'm resorting to returning
to nroff. ;-)

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com