[vcf-midatlantic] Help with installing 1980s DOS program

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Sun May 19 12:18:09 EDT 2019

Hi Herb,

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 11:16 AM Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic
> Evan is correct. That is, this user wants what he wants for the reasons
> Evan stated; and not as Devin speculated. This caught my attention,
> because I resell old Macintosh computer parts and systems. "Old" as in
> 68K and PowerPC based, 1980's and 1990's.

<snip>

Fair enough.  I've done my share of maintaining legacy equipment when
I was working at the Bell Labs EMC lab, where the computers running
the test chambers were considered to be "calibrated equipment" and
thus had to be 10+ year old AT&T PCs.  I can appreciate the cases
where this sort of thing would be necessary.

I wouldn't have assumed this to be the case for a lawyer, since most
of the ones I know have to share documents electronically with others
(or have paralegals that weren't alive in the 1980's that they expect
to be able to edit documents), and thus wouldn't still be using
ancient word processors.  That said, supposedly George R.R. Martin
writes his books on WordStar, so I guess anything's possible.

Cheers,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller