[vcf-midatlantic] New info about ol' MOBIDIC

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Thu May 23 01:45:34 EDT 2019

Many of you know that my second-favorite computer -- the Apple //e is my
favorite -- is MOBIDIC. I wrote in my book ("Abacus to smartphone" in
2015) that Sylvania gave it a COBOL compiler. Tonight I found a document
that goes into detail about that compiler. I learned that Sylvania
called the compiler "MOBILE", although it would've been much funnier if
they called it MOBOL, don't you think? :) Pages 4-1, 4-2, and 4-3 (pages
11, 12, 13 of the .pdf) explain the programs that they wrote. Read all
about it at
https://ia902808.us.archive.org/27/items/DTIC_AD0406874/DTIC_AD0406874.pdf.