[vcf-midatlantic] Maker Faire this year

corey cohen coreyvcf at gmail.com
Thu May 23 18:31:09 EDT 2019

I don’t think your Heathkit is in the spirit of what we are doing.  We are looking for work-alikes. Not reproductions or modern add-on boards that will work on the original and reproductions.

This is why we are looking at things like the PiDP, replica-1, Kim-uno and Briel Altair.  All of these replace major components or just about all components with modern micro controllers or ICs but provide the vintage software experience.

I call these “work-alikes” the gateway drugs into our hobby.   It’s the first step many newbies take after they download an emulator.

Cheers,
Corey

corey cohen
uǝɥoɔ ʎǝɹoɔ