[vcf-midatlantic] Binocular Loupe vs Microscope for vintage electronics repair

corey cohen coreyvcf at gmail.com
Fri May 24 09:27:30 EDT 2019

So trying to decide on getting a binocular microscope or Binocular Loupe glasses for soldering and such on vintage computers.  I don’t really do any SMD work, so $500+ for a good microscope vs $100 for a decent Binocular loop is a decision I need to make soon.   Cheater glasses 2.5x used in conjunction with a large magnifier on an articulating arm just aren’t cutting it right now.

What are your experiences with one vs another, if I don’t do surface mount work?

Thanks,
Corey

corey cohen
uǝɥoɔ ʎǝɹoɔ