[vcf-midatlantic] B&C Microsystems EEPROM software

Matt Reynolds mattreynolds04 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 16:26:53 EDT 2019

Herb,

It's vintage, which is why I thought I'd take a stab at asking you folks.
The motherboard says it was made in 1989.

1.  It is screen printed in the name on the device that it is rs-232.

2.  I can try and use PuTTY and see if that works but I'm sure it needs
more than that.

3.  I'm trying to set this device up so i can read\burn EEPROMS, so I'd
have to buy\use something else to read the one inside of it..  There is an
8085 processor in it.  There is also an 8155 and 8251.

4.  This may have been common in the past, but I'm only four years older
than the device itself.  I've never had to do it, I'm trying to learn about
it, which is why I bought it in the first place :)

I am not giving up hope that the software is out there somewhere.  The
software for it's more expensive relative is on bitsavers, I will probably
try and install it and see what it does regardless.  Maybe I'll get lucky
and it will work.  I'll also try the straight up serial connection and see
what happens.

Thanks,

Matt

On Mon, May 27, 2019, 3:34 PM Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic <