[vcf-midatlantic] Speaking of the 3b1...

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Sat Nov 2 11:16:48 EDT 2019

On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 01:25:33PM -0400, Win Heagy via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> I have a 3b1 that I think is mostly complete and working, but I'm missing
> the mouse.  Is there anything unique about the mouse (other than its
> looks)?  Can another mouse be made to work with it?  I've seen the mouse
> listed on eBay but for $$$$.

I opened mine up and took pictures.
http://www.pdp8online.com/misc/3b1_mouse.jpg
http://www.pdp8online.com/misc/3b1_mouse2.jpg

Found this thread. Conclusion seems to be it talks TTL serial.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.3b1/nawn1zyNWMg

You would likely need to make an adapter to convert some other mouse to the
3b1 protocol.