[vcf-midatlantic] Gauging Interest: CompuGraphic MCS hardware

Kenneth Gober kgober at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 09:43:43 EST 2019

I'm helping to clear out a storage unit that belonged to a deceased friend,
and I've come across some CompuGraphic MCS hardware:

2 dual 5.25" floppy drives (I assume these are the system units)
2 CRT displays, ~12" diagonal (one with white bezel, one with black bezel)
1 keyboard with a DB-something connector (I hope to unearth another)
1 8204/HR phototypesetter
1 8216/HR phototypesetter
many phototypesetter font cartridges
several boxes of documentation, including some CP/M-86 manuals
floppy disks

Does anyone have any interest in this?  Is it something VCF would want?  I
prefer for everything to stay together (i.e. a request for just the
keyboard and nothing else isn't generally welcome, with one exception).
Note that the phototypesetters are fairly large -- bathtub sized.

While researching what this stuff is, I found a very old request from Al
Kossow for a CompuGraphic keyboard needed for some reverse engineering
work.  So far I've only found one, and if I can't find another I'd consider
sending the one I have to Al on extended loan (assuming the one I have is
what he wanted, and he's still interested) but I really don't have space to
store the rest (especially the phototypesetters) and I would really really
hate to break up this set.

-ken