[vcf-midatlantic] OT: large # of Vintage items for sale

Alexander Pierson ajpierson1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 7 21:51:37 EST 2019

He asked for close to 15 grand in the listing.  Again, absurd.

I don't think I would personally drop more than 3 figures on any sealed NIB Hero-1, let alone one that looks like it was stored with two other robots, one of which is clearly dirty, and the other is rusty.  The most valuable thing in that box is a cherry, unpopulated I/O logic board which is the most common part to fail on Hero-1 robots right after the batteries (which are understandably a consumable).  Whisking that off to be scanned for preservation and replication efforts to serve other robots in the community?  There's potential benefit there.

Right now there is one photo of this box, and I call that one heck of a gamble at 2 grand.  Maybe see if he's able to take more photos to confirm the packing seal on the box?  I'm not sure what else to suggest.

-Alexander 'Z' Pierson

    On Thursday, November 7, 2019, 9:43:19 PM EST, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:

 >> That is well beyond what I'd pay.

Agreed. That's nuts.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019, 9:39 PM madodel via vcf-midatlantic <