[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Mon Oct 28 11:40:08 EDT 2019

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 6:29 AM Chris Fala via vcf-midatlantic <

> I was docent yesterday. I have been "assistant" docent or "co-docent"
> before, but this was my first time completely solo. It is always fun
> spending time at the museum, I highly recommend it!

Thanks for being docent Chris! It is nice to have others take turns at the
museum. Being docent can be really fun. And even if there is down time,
there is opportunity to learn more about machines that one isn’t familiar
with. I’m actively looking for additional docents.

> Fairly slow day, likely due to the intense rain we had for most of the
> morning and early afternoon. There were two groups. Early in the afternoon,
> a large group of Boy Scouts came through. They seemed fairly interested,
> and a few of them asked some questions. One boy took pictures of pretty
> much everything. Later in the afternoon a young family with five small
> children came through. The oldest daughter seemed very interested and, like
> the boy scout from earlier, took pictures of everything.

That’s great to have interested groups! They are the most fun!