[vcf-midatlantic] Exposed pins on vintage computers in storage

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Tue Oct 29 16:23:31 EDT 2019

I have a system in climate controlled storage. I currently leave all the
CPU and memory boards installed. It has large connectors that are male
pins on side of computer and female on side of the CPU and memory boards.

Would it be a big deal to leave the boards removed from the system? The
boards weigh a lot and I plan to move it upstairs in the storage unit --
reset the rent counter and lower the size of the unit.

I could potentially get some desicant and wrap up the boards if needed but
the cabinet not so much (it's a Cray.)

Any thoughts?

         - Ethan