[vcf-midatlantic] Museum 3B1 & PDP-8

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Wed Oct 30 10:20:41 EDT 2019

On 2019-10-29 21:46, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>>> Was there anything in particular on it that people liked for demos?
>
> I don't think so. There were some utilities and games. I would like to
> have
> it demo something more substantial but I don't know what.

I have boxes of disks that came with my AT&T 5300 and my 3B2, I'll take
a look through them and see what 3rd party stuff is in there.  I know
that at least one of them was used for medical billing and has a bunch
of user data disks and backups that went with it.

Even on more recent Unixes like I demo'd, I haven't had much luck
finding Serious Business applications.
Winworldpc.com has a little, but I think that this stuff just didn't
stick around, or never made it off of install media.

Aside: I just barely got Adobe Acrobat working; CorelDRAW was a bust
though I'll beat on it some more along with WordPerfect.  But these
aren't super exciting.  I have a to-do to try to find sympathetic
contacts at Parametric and wherever Dassault Systems ended up to try to
get old Pro/Engineer and CATIA installers.  Because those CAD programs
are truly impressive.  CATIA was bleeding-edge at the time.

--
Jameel Akari