[vcf-midatlantic] Museum 3B1 & PDP-8

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Wed Oct 30 14:52:51 EDT 2019

On 2019-10-30 13:47, David Gesswein via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:20:41AM -0400, Jameel Akari via
> vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> I have boxes of disks that came with my AT&T 5300 and my 3B2, I'll
>> take a look through them and see what 3rd party stuff is in there.
>>

> I assume you know the 3B1 uses a different processor than the 3B2 and
> its
> graphics isn't compatible with other systems of the time.

Yes.  I'm just trying to find examples of what might have been available
(and long-shot, if the software came bundled for multiple cpus.)
Multi-user terminal mode stuff wouldn't matter on the graphics, I'd
guess?

> I assume there is some 3B2 source could be recompiled for the 3B1 and
> would
> be interesting.

Yep.

> I didn't find anything classic computer related googling the 5300.

I meant 6300 (series) and specifically a 6386WGS (I think).  (These are
x86 based.) Same reasoning in that they were more or less
contemporaneous and in similar-ish markets.

--
Jameel Akari