[vcf-midatlantic] Museum 3B1 & PDP-8

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Thu Oct 31 12:46:01 EDT 2019

On 10/31/19 12:28 PM, Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> On 10/31/19 12:22 PM, Brian L. Stuart via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> I used to use the 3b1 quite heavily in the early '90s, and
>> I'm pretty sure I remember running a build of rogue on
>> it, though I usually ran without the windowing system to
>> get a full 80 columns.
>
>    Now that you mention it, I believe nethack could be built on the 3B1
> as well.

Nethack, rogue, Zork should be available. I suspect a lot of
games were available for the 3B1.>

>> As Dave mentiones, yes there are many other editors for
>> it.
>
>    But there's only one TRUE editor, as you know: emacs!

Learned Emacs lisp on the 3B1. But I had been using Emacs since
the 70's so that isn't a surprise. I can only use a few basic command
combinations with vi but it was worth knowing since there was always
a good chance it was on any Unix machine you worked with.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com