[vcf-midatlantic] Looking for a kid friendly 6502 assembly language book

Dean Notarnicola dnotarnicola at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 10:15:57 EDT 2019

>From many accounts, if you want to stay Apple centric, Assembly Lines is a
great way to start. It assumes very little knowledge of Apple 8-bit
Architecture and BASIC. Merlin macro assembler is recommended and ask the
examples can be used under Virtual ][. A companion book (Like Zaks *Programming
the 6502*) is recommended if you want to deep dive into 6502 minutia.

If you want to go even simpler and closer to the bare metal, get him on a
SYM or KIM, then graduate to the Apple. (I recommend this method.) Combined
with your gentle guidance, he'll do great.

I words also chat with Adam Michlin. He teaches this stuff to kids your
son's age and can give you excellent advice.

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 9:22 AM corey cohen via vcf-midatlantic <