[vcf-midatlantic] Looking for a kid friendly 6502 assembly language book

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Mon Sep 2 12:36:10 EDT 2019

Absolutely NOT the Assembly Lines book. I don't understand why everyone
likes it. I found it impossible. Barely got beyond the first half the first
chapter.

I had much better luck with Apple Roots, however the problem there is you
have to skip around a lot and make sure your assembler software matches the
exact version in the book examples, which isn't easy to do.

There is an online Java 6502 tutorial.

IMO a true kid-friendly book on this subject does not exist. One of these
days I want to write it.

Stephen Gray, editor of the Amateur Computer Society newsletter
(1966-1976), said the same thing (that no such book exists because they're
all written by engineers who cannot understand the perspective of someone
like me... or Ben) in a recorded interview in the 76-77 timeframe.

VCF owns the recording; I don't think any other copies exist. I plan to ask
his family for permission to post it online.

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019, 10:50 AM Blake Patterson via vcf-midatlantic <