[vcf-midatlantic] ESIX System V

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Fri Sep 6 17:28:01 EDT 2019

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019, Jeff Salzman via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> Do a stack of ESIX System V disks mean anything to anybody here? My
> understanding is that it's Unix System V for AT&T. I am unable to read the
> disk contents outside of a PC disk drive.

    Yep.  I used to run ESIX on my home system in the erly '90s.  Cost me
$1,300 back in the day for an unlimited user development system.  At that
point, there weren't many options for Unix on a 386/486.  SVR4 has all the
goodies: networking, X11, BSD utilities, compilers.  Distributed by Everex.
I don't remember what format the disks are in.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us