[vcf-midatlantic] Dec Ka670 bus?

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Sat Sep 7 15:42:39 EDT 2019

Hi friends,

I have been reading about the evolution of these vax processors starting at the KA630, KA650 etc. I just came across the KA670 which seems to have a new bus connector. Instead of the typical ABCD card edge connectors there is a 270 pin connector like a din or vme looking thing.

Reading about it, apparently it still carries the Q22 bus, but also now has a memory bus (pmi? Gbus?) And a dssi bus.

Very interesting! Anyone know if this type of backplane using these connectors has a name? Typically a bus is often synonymous with the physical connectors used, but in this case it is not. Not that it had to be but commonly it is.

Any info on the bus such as history, evolution from the card edge used since the pdp-8 would be interesting.

Thanks
73 Eugene W2HX

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>