[vcf-midatlantic] OFF TOPIC - Frequency time base

Sentrytv sentrytv at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 14:31:53 EDT 2019

>> On 9/8/19 8:55 PM, Sentrytv via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> Does anybody know if the museum has a time base generator, somewhere
>> around 5, 10 or 20 MHz? (+-20hz)
>> I need to calibrate a frequency counter.

> On Sep 8, 2019, at 11:06 PM, Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:
>

>  If you make it to the Pittsburgh area, I can do NIST-traceable
> frequency calibration in my lab, to a whole lot tighter than 20Hz. (move
> that decimal point about six digits to the right, man!)
>
>  Gratis for all of my friends here, of course.
>
>            -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
> New Kensington, PA

Thank you for the offer,
But I doubt I will be in that area anytime.

I was hoping that somebody had a portable unit and might bring it to the workshop.
and or maybe the museum had one somewhere, possibly in storage, I would not be able to tell how accurate it is, but I'd give it a shot.

Mike R.

Sent from: