[vcf-midatlantic] SGI Challenge

dillera at gmail.com dillera at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 21:50:32 EDT 2019

To close the loop on this, I picked the SGI up from Stephen today and have it back at home where it's getting cleaned and about to attempt to boot it.

Thank you very much Steve for saving this system- it's a very interesting SGI in that it has a unique MIPS chip that was abandoned after this, the MIPS R8000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R8000

I'll put picts up on imgur and and this post back the link to this list when and if I get it booted and powered up.

Fun fact: I have to lockpick the lock on the front so that it will get power. Youtube assures me this can be done with two paperclips. We'll see.

-andy