[vcf-midatlantic] I'm New

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Wed Sep 18 10:55:21 EDT 2019

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 12:31 PM Ryan Burke via vcf-midatlantic <

> Hello all,
> My name is Ryan and I am glad to be a part of VCF. I've been collecting for

Welcome Ryan. I am the Vice President of this organization and part of this
group for 11 years. Please let me know if you have any questions about our
group. I will be glad to help you.

> over a year now and it quickly became my favorite hobby. I was turned onto
> this by some people I know in a discord server, and I'm glad to find some

Which Discord Server?

> hands on help to some of my problems I've been having. I am looking forward
> to attending this workshop because there is nothing interesting going on in
> Maryland related to vintage computing.

I’d be curious to know how you haven’t heard about others in your area. At
VCF we are always promoting awareness of our group and activities. Our
mission is to promote the hobby and history of vintage computers. How did
you hear about us?

> I've collected some interesting stuff over the past year including some IBM
> 5150s, an Xt and an AT, multiple C64s, and an Apple II. My interests are

You are a C64 collector so I already know that you have good taste! ;)

> pretty much anything earlier than 1990 but I can't pass up a good deal. As
> I said earlier I'm pretty new to all this, but I'm getting the hand of
> soldering and I've fixed some small stuff and replaced chips in a C64. I'm
> quite eager to learn!
>
> Thanks for reading
> Ryan

I look forward to meeting you at the next workshop.